Tuesday, August 4, 2015

R.I.P or Evolution?



Hi everyone,

Once again, there has been what I can only call a sea change in regard to how I see music fitting into my life. This time, my decision reflects the only option that remains feasible after much reflection. In the past couple years, repeated personal challenges have left me nearly unable to work on music in all areas—composing, performing, teaching, practicing, recording. There have been very difficult emotional challenges involved in the struggle to continually carve out and maintain a space for what is fundamentally necessary for my own happiness.

I have realized, though, that the one way for Within a Reverie projects to continue is to scale back what had been an unwieldy scope for a single person. To be clear, I will still be working on the projects outlined in our timeline section, but in order to feel like progress is being made, I will be releasing one or two songs at a time, and potentially from different projects before an entire collection is complete. In a way, it will be like putting a large puzzle together.

The main reason for this decision is that I am far more able to mentally construct a “project” out of a song or two and see it through to the end. So, for the foreseeable future, I will be recording songs that are already completely composed and releasing them when they are done being mixed. My hope is that I will be able to actually accomplish much more this way, without feeling the pressure of writing and recording entire albums all at once.

So, to the handful of people who have been following Within a Reverie, and especially to those who have literally voiced their support to me, that’s the format from here on out. I’m hoping this means we can all look forward to more music released, more frequently.

Thanks for your support.