Sunday, May 3, 2015

Back on Track - Disappointment and Determination

Hi Everyone,

Just chiming in after a long silence to update you on the non-happenings and happenings in the world of Within a Reverie.

First the bad news. Since you never heard anything of the Winter Concert after the last post to our Album Updates blog, I can easily confirm that the whole project fell through. We did end up getting some recordings from the ensemble that we were going to play with running through the compositions, but, unfortunately, the performances were not usable. All in all, although it hurts to reconcile my expectations of the collaboration with the outcome, I'm glad the musicians in the ensemble gave it a shot, and I'm told that they enjoyed the pieces we had prepared, which brings a smile to my face.

The bright side. Shit happens and it's time to move on. I've got a lot planned for this summer. I guess I am not going to promise things like I used to, but I will have more time on my hands this summer and it will go to good, musical use. Expect previews of what I am planning on completing this summer within the next couple of weeks.


So...I'm happy to say that I feel like things are getting back on track for the project. Do what you will with that statement. :-)