Thursday, July 26, 2012

Revised Update and 2nd Album Preview: Selected Guitar Solos

Hey Everyone!

Okay, I'll have to revise my last update a bit. We're still planning on getting a newly mixed track to you soon, and hopefully by this Monday, but the exact time we'll finish it is kind of up in the air.

Prog Blog Readers: I have made some significant steps in penning the last formal entry on analyzing the essence of progressive music (don't worry, there will be many more prog-related entries, believe me!), but I want to give it that proper polish before submitting it to the people of the internet, so it may be another day or two before we get that posted.

Finally, in lieu of a new track or a prog blog entry for this week's update, I put together a little video preview of some of the music from our upcoming second project, Speaking Through Prisms. I decided that I'd introduce the music through a selection of 3 guitar solos, and I had so much fun doing it and it went so fast that I've decided to make this the first of several installments of short video previews. In the previews to come, I'll focus each video, respectively, on creative bass lines, interesting riffs, and some of my favorite sections in general. It should be a lot of fun!

Until those are completed, please enjoy the first preview!